Cause The reasons for this error include: Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for your computer. Error(s) found: Code 0x80070005 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
- Issues with Administrative rights
- Settings to Windows Update not being configured correctly
- Firewall software
- Open “Run”, type “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData”, then click “OK”.
- Right-click on the Local folder, click “Properties”.
- Go to the “Security tab”, click “Edit -> Add”, type “Everyone”, click “Check names -> Ok -> Full control”, Click “OK” to save the changes
- Restart your computer.
- Click Start, type “update” in search box.
- Select “Windows Update” from the search results list, click “Change Settings”.
- Select “Install updates automatically (recommended) “ at the Important Updates section.
- Set a schedule when the updates are going to be installed, click “OK”.
- Click Start, type “firewall” in the search box, select “Windows Firewall” from the search results list.
- Choose “Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall” from the left side, click “Allow another program”.
- Click “Browse”, look for the “svchost.exe” file, click “Open”, click “Add”.
- A new program called “Host Process for Windows Services” should be in your list, click “OK”.
- Download “Microsoft Safety Scanner” from Microsoft website.
- Installed on your computer following its installation instructions. Make sure you add a shortcut of Safety Scanner on desktop.
- Double-click the “Safety Scanner” shortcut icon on the desktop and get it started.
- Next click “Scan Type” and “Full Scan” in sequence and continue to click “Next”.
- It starts scanning process and you need to wait for it to complete. This process may take some time and after the scan is done, you can remove all detected viruses or malware entries.
- Restart computer and try again to run Windows Update.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 0x80070005 error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)