Connecting through WAN Miniport (PPPOE)… Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error.The PPPoE error 651 occurs because the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) tries to create a host route and then detects that the route to the host that was created by the dial-up connection already exists. You can resolve the PPPoE error 651 with the following ways:
- Go into My computer > control panel > modems.
- Check correct modem is installed. If not then remove modem > restart computer > re-install modem.
- If still getting the same problem > go into control panel > networks > remove dial up adapter and TCP/IP > restart computer
- Go back into control panel > re-install dial up adapter and TCP/IP.
- Advise customer to get latest modem drivers.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 651 error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)