About the “Windows Update error 0x80070011” errorThe following information on this error has been compiled by Coopoint Technologies, based on the information gathered and reported by our global network of engineers, developers, and technicians or partner organizations.
Description and Symptoms
Symptom 1: When you try to update your Windows(such as go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10), or install manually KB2919355(that contains KB2919355, KB2932046, KB2934018, and KB2937592, KB3156421, KB3074683), you may get an error 0x80070011.
Symptom 2: We couldn’t install Windows 10, We’ve set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.
Symptom 3: error 0x80070011 – 0x2000D, The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.
Causes of this ErrorThe 0x80070011 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well of your computer.
Fixing “Windows Update error 0x80070011” on WindowsThere are three methods to fix 0x80070011 error:
Fix #1: Advanced Computer User Solution
- Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
- Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
- In the new window, select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option and then click Next.
- Select the most recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list, and then click Next.
- Click Next on the confirmation window.
- Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.
Fix #2: Export registry as hive
- Click on the Start button and in the search box, type regedit.
- When you see regedit on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- When regedit opens, using the left pane, navigate to the following registry key and select it by clicking on it once.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing
- Once selected, click File > Export….
- Change the Save as type: to Registry Hive Files (*.*)
- Name this file SideBySide (with no file extension) and save it to your Desktop.
- Restarts computer.
Fix #3: SFC Scan
- Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- When command prompt opens, Copy and Paste the following command into it, then press Enter.
- Restarts computer.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 0x80070011 error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)