About the “Windows Update error 0x80244022” errorThe following information on this error has been compiled by Coopoint Technologies, based on the information gathered and reported by our global network of engineers, developers, and technicians or partner organizations.
Description and SymptomsWhile you are connecting to the Microsoft Update website, downloading or installing the updates, the error 0x80244022 may pop-up when the Windows Update service bumps into errors. What this error means is, your Windows system installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted.
Causes of this ErrorThe error 0x80244022 might be caused by a connection interruption between your computer and the Windows Update server or a proxy setting. If you receive this error, don’t panic, there is nothing wrong with your Windows system and usually the problem can be fixed easily.
Fixing “0x80244022” on WindowsTo start fixing the error 0x80244022, we recommend disabling your anti-virus software temporarily, especially if you are using a third-party one. And then try each of these methods one after the other, and see which helps you fix the issue.
Fix #1: Check Date and Time settings
- Open Control Panel and select Clock, Language, and Region option.
- Select Change settings button.
- Place a tick on Synchronize with an Internet time server and click on Update now.
- Finally, click OK and close the window.
- Restart your PC and check if Date and Time are set correctly.
Fix #2: Run Windows update troubleshooter and check
- Press Windows key + W to search Settings.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click Action Center and then click Troubleshooting.
- Then click System and Security and click Windows update.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
Fix #3: Disable the proxy server and check
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools and then click Internet Options.
- Then click the Connections tab.
- Then click the LAN Settings button.
- Then Uncheck the option which reads” Use a proxy server for your LAN” .
- Click apply and then ok.
Fix #4: Reset the Windows update components
- Press Windows key + X on the desktop screen of the computer.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- On the open Command Prompt window copy and paste the commands (all at once).
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver pause
- Exit the command prompt, restart Windows and then attempt to install the problematic update.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 0x80244022 error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)