This error was caused by these following Windows registry values that are preventing the update from being downloaded. Some updates were not installed Error(s) found: Code 8000FFFF Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
- Close all running programs, restart computer and run Windows Update again.
- If not work, click the “Start” button, in the search box, type “regedit”, click “regedit” program and open the “Registry Editor” windows.
- In the left list, double-click “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”.
- Find and right-click “COMPONENTS”, and click “Export”.
- Type “COMPONENTS” in the “File Name” box and then save the file to desktop.
- In the left list of “Registry Editor” windows, find and right-click “PendingXmlIdentifier” and delete it.
- In the left list of “Registry Editor” windows, find and right-click “NextQueueEntryIndex” and delete it.
- In the left list of “Registry Editor” windows, find and right-click “AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving” and delete it.
- Restart omputer and try to install the updates again.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 8000ffff error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)