The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)If you encounter this issue, it means the Windows Update process is interfered by some program process. To resolve this issue, try to follow these steps below:
- Restart computer and reinstall the Windows Update. If the error still occur to step 2.
- Restart computer in safe mode and reinstall the Windows Updates.
- Click the “Start” button and then type “msconfig” in the “Start Search” box.
- Click “msconfig” form the program menu.
- In the “System Configuration” windows, click the “Boot” tab, select the “Safe boot” and select “Network” and then click “OK”.
- Back to the “System Configuration” windows, click “Restart”, restart computer in “Safe mode with networking”, and then reinstall the Windows Updates.
- After the Windows Updates are reinstalled, restart computer in the safe mode again.
- Back to the “System Configuration” windows again, click “Restart”, and then computer starts in the normal mode.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 80070020 error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)