Some updates were not installed Failed:1 update Error(s) found: Code 80070490 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.The Windows update error 80070490 was caused by corruption in the CBS (Component Based Servicing) component on your Windows. There are some ways for you to fix the error quickly.
- Close all the running programs, and then reboot computer.
- Insert the Windows DVD in computer’s DVD drive, and click Install Now in the Setup window.
- If Windows doesn’t detect the DVD automatically, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Drive:\setup.exe in the Start Search box.
- The Drive placeholder is the drive letter of the computer’s DVD drive. In the Programs list, click Setup.exe. In the Setup window, click Install Now.
- If you are prompted to do this, type the Windows Product key.
- In “Install Windows” page, select the operating system you want to Upgrade.
- Click Yes to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- On the Which kind of installation do you want? screen, click Upgrade.
- When the installation is complete, reboot your computer, and then run Windows Update.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 80070490 error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)