Windows Update Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer. Error(s) found: Code 8024200D Windows Update encountered an unknown error. Get help with this error Most recent check for updates: 11/13/2018 at 5:08 AM Updates were installed: 04/14/2018 at 10:22 PM. View update history You receive updates: For Windows and other products from Microsoft Update Get updates for other Microsoft products. Find out moreIf you receive this error, you can try the below mentioned methods to help you to fix it. Method 1: Reinstall Windows Update It means that some Windows Update downloading or installing failed. You can follow these below steps to fix this issue:
- Click “Start” menu, type MSCONFIG in the search box, and then press “Enter”. If the “User Account Control” window appears, click “Continue”.
- Click “Services”, check the “Hide All Microsoft Services” box and click “Disable All”.
- Click “Startup”, click “Disable All”, click “OK” and reboot the computer.
- To avoid conflict, disable all startup items and third party services.
- To find your edition of Windows, search and install the latest Windows vista or Windows 7 Service Pack from the following site: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cc468658.aspx
- Reboot you computer and then install Windows Update again.
- Click on “Start” and type “CMD”
- Right click on Command Prompt and select “Run” as administrator
On the open Command Prompt window, copy and paste the commands (all at once):
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.coopoint.old ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.coopoint.old net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
- Wait for the process to complete, close the Command Prompt, check if it helps.
Windows + RType msconfigin the search box, and then tap or click “msconfig”.
- On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the “Hide all Microsoft services check box”, and then tap or click “Disable all”.
- On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click “Open Task Manager”.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click “Disable”.
- Close Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click “OK”, and then restart the computer.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 8024200d error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)