Cause This problem is likely caused by the abnormal System Notification Area or by a corrupt data store. Resolution A simple solution is to reboot the server and check WU again. If the error persists, resize the System Tray and select “Always show all icons and notifications on taskbar.” If it still doesn’t work, please follow the methods below to fix it. Method 1: Run Windows Update troubleshoot Some updates were not installed Error(s) found: Code 80243004 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
- Temporarily disable any Antivirus and Firewall programs.
- Reset Windows Update components and rename the C:\windows\softwaredistribution folder.
- Run System Update Readiness Tool and System File Checker.
- Open the start menu and type services.
- Right mouse on services and run as administrator.
- Stop the “Windows Update” service.
- Move the folder “C:\WINDOWS\software distribution” to the desktop.
- Restart the windows update service. 6. Retry windows update as you normally do.
- Click Win key + R, type Firewall.cpl, and press OK.
- Select Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option, and open Private Network Settings.
- Select Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended).
- Then go back to the previous window and select Public Network Settings.
- Select Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended) and click OK.
Download and install the Coopoint Error Fixer, fix 80243004 error with 1-click
For Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP (32/64 bit OS)